Welcome to General Optical!
COVID-19 UPDATE from General Optical
On May 18th General Optical is reopening by APPOINTMENT ONLY. This means you need to call the office before coming in. ALL adjustments, repairs and sales need to be scheduled as we are trying to keep to the social distancing mandate to keep you and our staff healthy and safe. Here are some of the things we are changing / updating at General Optical for your visit.
- We have added new electronic check-in protocols to help you prepare for your appointment. This will include an important COVID questionnaire. An email or a text message will be sent to you to fill out your health history and COVID form before you come into the office. We are getting away from clip boards and pens.
- We also have two-way text messaging now as well. Feel free to text us with questions 617-864-3147.
- You will need to wear a mask or face covering when coming into the office. All of us at General Optical will have a mask on.
- Your temperature will be taken with an infrared thermometer when you come into the office. If your temperature is over 100.4 we will need to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
- You can wear gloves to the office however we will ask you to remove your gloves and use hand sanitizer before you touch anything in the office. We will be doing lots of hand washing as well as wear gloves occasionally. We will have hand sanitizer available.
- Appointments are spaced out to about 1 appointment an hour. This is to help with social distancing in our small office.
- On the same theme of social distancing we will ask that only one guest / family member accompany the patient to the appointment. We will be asking for that guest / family members name for contact tracing purposes only
- Our optical area will be rearranged to accommodate social distancing.
- We will also ask that you have one of the staff opticians help you with glasses so we can sanitize the frames as they are touched and tried on.
- All frames that are touched or tried on will be sanitized in a UVC sanitizing unit.
- We will be wiping down all surfaces several times during the day in the store, bathroom, and offices.
- We will also be adding other protective barriers to certain equipment that is used in the office.
- All pretest and exam equipment will continue to be wiped down after every patient as it has always been done in the past.
Again these changes are to protect you and our staff and hopefully it will be temporary.
We will continue to update and change these precautions as we get more guidance from the CDC and AOA.
While we wait for the reopening we will continue to take care of any eye related emergencies. Also, if your frame breaks/needs repair, if you lost glasses, or you need to order contacts we can still help you with all of those. Just give us a call at 617-864-0204 or text us at 617-864-3147.
Thank you for your continued support and together we will get through this.
Sincerely,Dr. Crystal Klaahsen, OD & The staff of General Optical Co.
Over 40 years in Porter Square
Need more help?
We specialize in personalized service with a focused attention to detail. With a combined knowledge and expertise of over 40 years, the staff at General Optical Co. offers the highest quality eyewear and eye care available today!