COVID 19 Protocols
Here are some of the things we are changing / updating at General Optical.
- We have added new electronic check-in protocols to help you prepare for your appointment. This will include an important COVID questionnaire. An email or a text message will be sent to you to fill out your health history and COVID form before you come into the office. We are getting away from clip boards and pens.
- We also have two-way text messaging now as well. Feel free to text us with questions 617-864-3147.
- You will need to wear a mask or face covering when coming into the office. All of us at General Optical will have a mask on.
- You can wear gloves to the office if it makes you feel more comfortable but we will ask that you remove them and we will provide with fresh gloves. We will be doing lots of hand washing as well as wear gloves occasionally. We will have hand sanitizer available.
- Your temperature maybe taken with an infrared thermometer when you arrive at the office.
- Appointments are spaced out a little more than they had been in the past. This is to help with social distancing in our office.
- On the same theme of social distancing we will ask that only one guest / family member accompany the patient to the appointment.
- Our optical area will be rearranged to accommodate social distancing.
- We will also ask that you have one of the staff opticians help you with glasses so we can sanitize the frames as they are touched and tried on. All frames that are touched or tried on will be sanitized in a UVC sanitizing unit.
- We will be wiping down all surfaces several times during the day in the store, bathroom, and offices.
- We will also be adding other protective barriers to certain equipment that is used in the office.
- All pretest and exam equipment will continue to be wiped down after every patient as it has always been done in the past.
Again these changes are to protect you and our staff and hopefully it will be temporary.
We will continue to update and change these precautions as we get more guidance from the CDC and AOA.
Thank you for your continued support and together we will get through this.Sincerely, Dr. Crystal Klaahsen, OD & The staff of General Optical Co.
Need more help?
We specialize in personalized service with a focused attention to detail. With a combined knowledge and expertise of over 40 years, the staff at General Optical Co. offers the highest quality eyewear and eye care available today!